Monday, May 5, 2008

Back to Bachelorhood

After a 6 day stay, my family has gone back to Calicut. The time just flew while they were here. Now I am back to my Bachelor ( or should I say beggar ) status !

I treated them to my masterpiece , The cake. Immediately my Mom noticed a problem with the taste. Apparently you have to use unsalted butter for the cake, mine had a slight salty taste. Interestingly my daughter picked this up real fast and just refused to eat the cake. Silly girl, does not know a master chef when she sees one :-)

Suddenly I have lots of time on my hand. Perhaps it is time to return to my reading. I am still stuck on the first few pages of Orhan Pamuk's My name is Red. Most definitely I need to move to a different book and come back.

At work , I am increasingly getting this feeling that I am going around in circles. This is however nothing new , part and parcel of being in research.

No comments: