Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Asthma and me

Bangalore has gone through a series of abrupt climate changes and sure enough, my old foe Asthma has decided to renew its acquaintance with me. Started having a bit of trouble on Saturday, I thought I was shaking it off well on Sunday, but it came back with a vengeance on Monday.

I have been fighting it for maybe 25 years now. Asthma attack is not a pretty sight to watch, the feeling is even worse for the patient. During my childhood it used to be pretty severe, I do remember countless night spent in the crouched seating position, struggling for breath, wondering if the attack is ever going to subside. Must have been so incredibly tough for my parents to see me go through all that. Now that I am a father, I am beginning to understand the depth of concern they must have had over me.

Right now I am waiting for it to subside enough for me to sleep. Looks like a long night ahead ....

Does make you realize the true value of a healthy pair of lungs, doesn't it ?

No comments: