Thursday, May 29, 2008

An interesting day

Yesterday was most definitely an interesting day. Stumbled into office around 10 a.m, I had very little sleep the night before, managing only 2 hours of rest. By 1.30 p.m , I was beginning to see the text floating on my LCD screen !! Though the air-conditioned office environment is definitely an appealing place to sleep, my professionalism got the better off me and I headed towards home.

The weather was dark and cloudy outside and it sort of matched my mood. No sooner than I had reached home did my friend call. We chatted for quite a while to clear up a difference of opinion.It felt so nice and relaxing to get that out of the way. The problem sort of had to do with the very different personality types that we have. Also my nature of being a bit of an ass at times did not really help. Rather than clarifying things up front, I tend to assume and needless to say that aggravates things quite a bit.I am sure you  know that assume is often split up as (making an) "ass" (of) "u" (and) "me" . I think I should also be a bit more up front about feelings rather than go on a slow-boil.

I am figuring out ways to improve on this in future, should not be that tough an adjustment to make, I hope.

That issue being out of the way, the weather did not suddenly look all that bad. Perfect weather for reading a book nibbling a few pakodas, I felt. Well reading of the book is something that I can do easily enough, pakodas is a different matter altogether.

See, the problem of being a Married But Bachelor ( MBB !! ) guy is that , you cannot really lean back on your recliner and order ( or plead , or beg , or cajole ) your wife to make something for you. If you feel like eating something, you have to actually get off your backside and make it yourselves. If you are thinking 'That ain't no big deal', I should add that my backside is rather big and difficult to get moving these days. :-)

The temptation of pakodas was too much and I did finally cave in. Folks well versed with Murphy's laws can probably already guess where this is headed. Pakodas came out a crisp golden brown, was unfortunately undercooked on the inside. My star consultant did advise me to fry them on a low flame again. However, that was way too much work for me. I chose to file them in my refrigerator for further analysis at a later date.

The day ended with a chat with one of my best friends. Sort of was a revenge call because I did manage to wake her up from slumber, this was something she has done quite often for me :-). The chat put me back on track and I slept like a log through the night !! No more sleep problems !!

A supportive family, good friends with whom you talk openly , 9 hours of sleep at night. Life is looking good, isn't it ? :-)

No comments: