Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dessert time !!

Dessert was the one missing dish in my arsenal ( a very limited one , if I may add ) , it is about time I addressed that.

A slow Friday evening at work resulted in a long chat with my consultant on various dishes that I could try. Quickly settled on a Biscuit-Coconut roll as it seemed all the ingredients could be easily put together by me. She seemed to think that "Even you can make it" . An insult to an obviously talented cook, I ignored it just to get the recipe.

Some frantic shopping on Friday night for biscuits, coconut powder and aluminium foil resulted. Finally around 9.45 PM I was ready with all the ingredients.

Everything came together beautifully. The master chef at work again. I was bold enough to introduce my own variation by adding date pulp to the roll. Turned out perfect, a bit too sweet perhaps. I am never one to shy away from sweetness, so did not bother me too much.

The unscrupulous consultant is demanding royalties already . Huh !! My magnificent innovation with the date pulp is what really made the dish . Still I do grudgingly give her credit for the base recipe.

Will share the recipe sometime later, just too sleepy now. Now I have found an easy way to go off to sleep, I just think of the Bangalore Royal Challenger's batting line up, within 5 minutes I am nodding off already :-)

Did some weekend shopping , bought 3 books The Devil wears Prada , More Twisted and Forgive me , Amma . The last one being a biographical sketch of one of India's most mercurial hockey players, Dhanraj Pillay. Sadly the book did not offer as much of an insight into Dhanraj as I had hoped, it is just an average read. The sheer passion of the man for the game and country does shine through in bits and pieces.

I am looking forward to More Twisted. The first book Twisted was absolutely amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey.. hook me up with your other on-site consultant :) She and I seem to of the same mind on a number of things - your abilities, the royalty ...

-C