Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hungry !!

Guess what, I am hungry. I am out of raw materials as well as patience to cook. So enforced fasting at night for the past week :-(

For me hunger is always something that causes bad mood swings. I get angry the most when I am hungry. I believe it does have a strong co-relation for most people. Which is why it is never a good idea to schedule a meeting right before lunch hour, especially if it is a brain-storming session. Mostly you will end up having people getting on each others nerves :-)

So what should be my next cooking project ? Need some discussion with my consultants to finalize that. Till that gets done, more fasting in store for me , I'm afraid.

Been following Wimbledon a bit, happy to see the Maverick Marat Safin returning to center stage. I have always had a fascination for these odd-ball characters in any sport. Not the consistent brilliance of a Federer and Nadal, but on their day these folks can take your breath away.

They seem to be fighting some demons from within most of the time and are always within a hair's breadth of hitting the self-destruct button. Say a Vinod Kambli in Cricket or a Paul Gascoigne in football. Somehow I feel we are not getting enough of these mavericks in sports any longer. Every one is so focused on saying the right things, looking the right way, having the right technique and so on. I almost fall asleep listening to most of their interviews. Come on folks, let us see some color and life out there !!

And this coming from one of the least lively and colorful persons out there. Saying is so easy, ain't it ? :-)

No comments: