Monday, June 30, 2008

Yet another weekend

The main thing to report is that I am finally back to volunteering ways again, started going to the new computer education center. Had taken a break of close to month just to re-charge.

Lots of challenges this time around as the student population is very young and does not speak English very well. So we will have to devise smarter ways of teaching. Unfortunately, in spite of being in Karnataka for 10 years now, I cannot speak the language. I can understand bits and pieces. Cannot really say that I am too proud of this fact :-(

Just downloaded OpenOffice and was playing around with it. Very impressive. A touch slow , but hey it is completely free !! Menus and navigation is pretty similar to that of Microsoft Office, so picking it up was really easy. I wonder why this has not been more popular here in India !!

Drove around Bangalore on Sunday evening due to lack of anything better to do. Traffic was not all that bad. Did a round of AECS layout, Outer Ring Road, Airport Road, Koramangala, HSR layout and then back home. Picked up dinner also along the way. The all time mallu favorite of Kerala Porotta with Chilly Chicken !! :-)

Really happy to see that Spain has won the Euro 2008 !! They have been such an under achieving team so far. Wanted Holland also to do well, they had some really awesome players. Somehow did not click when it mattered.

Still reading the Manual of the Warrior of Light. This one cannot be rushed, so taking my time with it.

I am stuck with Appams as breakfast , lunch and dinner for the past couple of weeks. Boy, I am sick of it already !! This is the trouble of using instant Appam mixes that come only in 1 kg packets. Serves 35-40 appams, they say . Who will eat all these is my question ? In my opinion they should come up with bachelor friendly mini packs that makes 4-5 appams only

No comments: