Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The taxi driver

As you can guess from the title, yesterday was mostly a driving day.

Started off by going to the Passport office near Koramangala national games village. My passport expired couple of weeks before and had to renew it. Made a strategic blunder by choosing the outer ring road and was severely punished for the error by being stuck in a jam near Bellandur cross for like 30 minutes. Another unwise choice was to skip breakfast. By the time I was done with the whole submission process, I almost collapsed due to hunger !! Hey, how come my mistakes always get savagely punished, this ain't fair !!

Went over the good old Imperial hotel near Koramangala club and parceled the legendary Kerala porotta with chilly chicken. Was nearly 3 p.m by the time I finished my "brunch" and reached back home( near Marthahalli)

This was followed by a trip in the evening to Richmond road to meet a dear friend of mine, the kind I mentioned in this post :-). You know some friends never fail to cheer you up, a 5 minute chat is all you need to feel great again !!

Traffic was pretty light and managed to reach near MG road in 15 mins. The last 500 meters took a further 20 minutes :-((. We had dinner at Karavalli ( Residency road), dropped her back to Richmond Road and then back home.

All I recall is lying down on the bed, next thing I know is alarm going off in the morning !! So now I know the pill for sleeping. Drive around in Bangalore traffic for couple of hours :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buttering me up coz I am a regular reader ??? ;) -) Anyways, the buttering still works!!! Thanks!

From Singapore Changi Airport, while waiting for the LA flight!

Bought brida and the new jeffrey archer for flight..

-C

Pradeep V said...

Make an honest comment and get rewarded by accusations of buttering up . And still there are people out there wondering how come honesty is out of fashion now !!
The new Jeffrey Archer, is it Paths of Glory ? Not yet available here, let me know how is it.