Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sore arm and painting

We did a school library painting on Thursday afternoon as part of our on going volunteer program to make a difference to communities around us. Of course, you can turn around and ask me what have we accomplished that a bunch of hired painters could not have. Frankly, I have no convincing answer for that :-).

What I can tell you is that we had great fun doing it. For the first 2 hours, it was just the five of us doing the painting. We were pulling each others legs, cracking jokes at the lack of painiting skills and each one was claiming he / she was the better painter. You can see me in action in the following couple of snaps.

As you can see in the snaps, I am holding the painting bucket in my left hand. Definitely not a good idea, if you paint for 3 hours non-stop. I did experience a very stiff left arm for a couple of days.

The painting event itself was successful.

No comments: