Monday, April 14, 2008

Road racing , an interesting quote

I had expressed my new found fascination for the sport of cycling in couple of earlier blogs. I was re-reading a book when I came across this quote.

"Road racing imitates life, the way it would be without the corruptive influence of civilization. When you see an enemy lying on the ground, what's your first reaction ? To help him to his feet ?

In road racing, you kick him to death."

Powerful for the sheer brutality of the quote. Tells you all you need to know about the sport of professional road racing /cycling.

I am limping back to normal after a poor weekend. Again had to come back early from office today as I just could not focus on work. Return to normalcy is taking a lot longer this time :-((

Orkut has again thrown a feel good fortune statement at me : "You have a friendly heart and are well admired". I am sure I have a friendly heart. I think the well admired part would be highly debatable.

No comments: