Thursday, April 10, 2008

A different role

I have been donning an Administrative Assistant's hat for the past day or two, trying to get an agenda organized for one of our global team members who is visiting us. Setting up calendar notes, co-ordinating with people, room bookings : just the kind of work that I passionately hate :-(

I started with My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk. Wonderfully intricate writing style, the exact opposite of Paul Coelho. Due to this , reading pace has been abysmally slow.

There was a point in my day today when I suddenly felt overwhelmed. One point I was laughing and joking around as usual, then from nowhere all emotions came tumbling out. I suddenly felt incredibly sad at not being able to spend more time with my wife and little one. In fact, got so perturbed that I had to get up and go for a walk so that no one else noticed my distress. Walk did help, it brought my emotions back to normal. It also helped me notice how lovely our office campus is, maybe I should take more walks like these.

May be it is a sign , as Paul Coelho would put it. Only a sign for what, I do not know :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.