Thursday, March 13, 2008

School admission

My daughter has cleared the "interview" for admission to L.K.G . We had expected this all along. She will have to wear a uniform to school. Would be so cute, right ? Already she has started pestering my parents about getting her the uniform , school does not start till June !! :-)


The key question that the principal asked was , "How much can you give ?" . I am referring to donations, of course. The smart reply that came to my mind was the JFK derived quote "Ask not what I can do for your school - ask what you can do for my daughter". Instead we responded with "How much do you expect ? ". The deal was struck for a relatively reasonable amount. All parties are happy now !!

I wonder if a day will come when good students can actually sell their marks also to the weaker ones ? :-)

2 comments:

ukmad said...

Well same story all over india. I am still trying to get forms for my daughter, lets see how much i can settle for.
anyways whihc city are u in. I am from Belgaum.
http://belgaumblog.blogspot.com

Pradeep V said...

I live in Bangalore. My daughter has taken admission in my home town of Calicut, Kerala