Monday, March 3, 2008

School admission

Last weekend was the "interview" for my daughter's school admission. As per the notice board the timings for interview were 9-12 and 2-4 . We reached the school premises around 8.50 a.m, there was already a good crowd there. Later on we found out that some folks reached there as early as 5 am !!

Anyway we stood in the Queue for nearly 3 hours. The thoughtlessness of some folks did irritate me quite a bit. I can't believe the amount of people who were attempting to jump the line !!

We reached the principals office around 12.05 pm, just in the nick of time before they closed for lunch. The principal knew my wife as she also studied in the same school. She asked my daughter on question "What is your name ? ".

Innocent question, I must say. It produced an unexpected response from my daughter who burst into tears saying she wanted to go to her grandma's place. After some coaxing , she did spit out her name. And did so with so much anger that convinced me that she is taking after her father :-))

Results are out next week, so we will know for sure only by then. But I think she will get through.

No comments: