Monday, March 17, 2008

Update on reading

I Recently finished reading The Twisted by Jeffrey Deaver. Started reading it late Friday night, continued on Saturday morning and by noon I was done. Nice collection of really Twisted stories. Really wicked endings, none of them predictable. Only problem is all of them are murder stories, so it does get to you a bit after a while.

Now started on The Tipping point by Malcolm Gladwell. I had read Blink earlier. Blink had a very different way of looking at why certain things are the way they are. It also opened my eyes to how deep rooted some prejudices can be, without we ever realizing it . Although the data that he presents is very impressive, I don't think he is the best in terms of writing. Reading his work is a bit laborious. He tends to repeat the same thing several times and it does get a bit irritating after a while.

One more book in the pipeline is The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth. I doubt if he has written a better book than The day of the Jackal, but then I am not that well read in Forsyth.

Feels good to regain my reading speed, I thought I had completely lost it for a while !!

No comments: