Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On friends

I was chatting with one of my close friends recently. Then this thought struck me on how bizarrely sometimes friendships develops.

In this particular case, we studied in the same engineering college, though in different departments. In the 4 years that we spent at college, I remember a grand total of one word that I spoke to her. Yes, one word , and that word was "Thanks "!! Yet today, around 10 years from my college days she is one of my best friends.

Another friendship took a more obvious route. We sat on the same bench on day one of engineering college. Well as luck would have it, we continued to be seated together for the rest of 4 years. :-)

As things turned out, the two individuals I mentioned above ( no names as I have not taken their permission ) , are the friends whom I can say have the maximum positive impact in my life. I feel I have genuinely improved as a person after being in contact with them. From a complete sociopath to a somewhat tolerable presence :)

If I had sat on a different bench, would my life have been different ? Now that is an interesting thought ... :-))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOhhhh.. i got a mention :)

Life would indeed have been different if you or I had different project mates too..
-Chimitts