Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Leading by example

I was watching this movie "A few good men" recently on TV. Somewhere in that movie, the following bit of conversation happens . ( Jessup is Jack Nicholson and Koffee is Tom Cruise. )

Jessup:
I felt his life might be in danger once word of the letter got out.
Kaffee:
Grave danger?
Jessup:
Is there another kind?

Similarly I quote this :
"Leadership by example ?"
"Is there another kind ?"

Very simple question . One that all of us know the answer to , but rarely ever follow. Walking the talk is so important, in fact I would put it down as the single most important quality that would prompt me to respect a person.

I am frustrated by some examples of leadership in volunteering efforts that I have come across in the past, hence this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.