Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bake a cake : V3 and success !!

Success !! Finally something that I made turned out to be edible. And to give credit where it's due, I dedicate this success to my consultant in AZ, USA :-)

Cut the proportions in the recipe by half and the cake turned out perfect. Beautifully browned on outside, soft on inside and tastes good too. What more do you want from a cake ? Unfortunately I don't have my digital camera with me, so I cannot upload a photo . It's a thing of beauty, trust me !!

And the modified recipe , reproduced with NO permission taken from the original author whatsoever ;-)

1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1.5 cup maida
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
4-5 drops of vanilla essence
Some cashew nuts
  • Mix the maida with baking powder and pass through a sieve 2-3 times.
  • Separate the egg-white and yolk. Beat the egg whites thoroughly first.
  • Mix the sugar and butter and churn till they mix well
  • Add the beaten egg yolks to it and stir further.
  • Add the egg whites and mix thoroughly
  • Add the vanilla essence drops and cashew nuts and mix it
  • Add the maida in small quantities and keep mixing till a lump free thick batter is obtained.
  • Pour into the cake tin and bake for around 30 -35 mins with oven temperature at 180 deg C ( convection only )
And presto, the masterpiece is ready for consumption !!

I am so happy, after so much of wasted material, finally something that tastes really good !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my beautiful 1-2-3-4 recipe; you have mangled it to 1/2-1-1.5-2 ...


Copy right infringement!!!! need royalties!!!! hartal!!!! bandh!!!
-C

Pradeep V said...

Your recipe was 1-2-3-4. I own the intellectual property for 1/2-1-1.5-2 !!I can give you my v2 cake as royalty :-)