Saturday, June 21, 2008

Movies , EURO 2008 reading and relaxation !!

Been a while since my last post, the culprits being the items mentioned in the title above. :-)

I have been downloading and watching movies at the rate of one per day. Some of the recent ones being A few good men, The siege, The Shawshank Redemption and  Chariots of fire. All were pretty decent. I had read the Shawshank Redemption book earlier, the movie is almost as good as the book.

Next in line are Reservoir Dogs ( Kaante was apparently a rip-off of this movie), Drunken Master 2 and Raging Bull.

Just finished what must surely be rated as one of the worst books ever, Devil wears Prada. This apparently was a bestseller, I don't have the slightest clue why. Maybe people just wanted to experience what a poor book feels like. Very rarely have I felt like throwing a book in trash after reading it, this one did produce those feelings !!

There is a 25% discount sale on at www.indiaplaza.in/books and with free shipping, so I have been ordering a few of late.

Thankfully with the installation of a webcam here and back home in Calicut has meant that I see my family daily and chat with them. Has made a world of difference. Technology is just amazing , isn't it ?

All this means , I am at peace with myself finally :-)

No comments: