Monday, June 2, 2008

Taking a break

After a May month in which I probably saw more emotional ups and downs than is usual for the whole year, I have decided enough is enough. I am taking the whole of next week off to spend some time with my family. That for sure will help me settle down a bit.

Also my little one is off to school on June 9th, there is no way I'll miss her first day at school. If you have to go by the father's genes, I can tell you she will cry like crazy :-)

It is quite curios that most kids who were extremely naughty in childhood usually turn out to be fairly meek as adults. Prime example being yours truly. Some examples of my work during childhood are below. All incidents happened when I was < 4 years old .

  • Falling down from a scooter and fracturing left hand
  • Smoking cigarette stubs picked up from sidewalk. And when my mom's friend found this out and told my mom, I threatened to kill her for ratting on me
  • Driving off in my 3 wheeled toy tractor behind people who came to collect garbage. When my mom finally noticed me missing and caught me, I had almost hit the main road
  • Walking around with Jacket unbuttoned claiming to be Amitabh Bachan
  • Locking my Mom inside the house by latching the door from outside and running off to play

Why do kids like these become much milder as they grow up? Is it because of constant criticism from family / friends / teachers  ? I don't know the answer.

No comments: