Sunday, December 9, 2007

Misadventures of a wannabe cook

Who says men can't cook ? Exactly the question that swiveled around in my mind on a bleak winter evening here in Bangalore. Cloudy & cold outside, add to that the horrendous Bangalore weekend traffic . No chance of me getting off my backside and going out to grab some food.

Chapathi and dal seemed like a logical and easy way out. Only thing is I am about as good a cook as Ralph Schumacher is an F1 driver !! But hey , I watch lots of these reality cooking shows popping up all over in the telly. How tough can it be ?

Deceptive question, as it turned out. 2 hours and the use of around half the kitchen utensils in my kitchen I was looking at some weirdly shaped charred specimens. Sadly I realized unless I place a label under them saying "Chapathis", there is very little chance of any one else recognizing them. On the brighter side , the shapes were all designer ones, no two were alike and none of them bore a remote resemblance to a circle :).

Strangely they tasted decent , praise the lord !! Maybe there is still some future for me as a cook .

They say "If at first you don't succeed, try , try again" . I prefer "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried".

Adios , will be back with more soon ..

No comments: