Wednesday, March 3, 2010

India 4 – Pakistan 1


No other score line in this hockey world cup matters. I don’t care if we lose all the remaining matches.

Over the years there has been lot of talk about how these matches have become less edgy and how the countries no longer have the same animosity towards each other.

I beg to differ. As a spectator, it still means the same to me as it did maybe 15 years ago. If anything, I enjoy these victories more now than in the past !!

And I also disagree with the notion that Sports and Politics are two different things. They cannot be treated separately. How can 11 men representing the nation of India play as if “All is Well”, when at the back of their minds they know that the nation the other 11 men are representing has harbored terrorists who have repeatedly killed innocent citizens of India ? Un-thinkable for me.

Never mind that we got murdered in the next match against Aussies, we have won the match that counts :-))

No comments: