Thursday, March 4, 2010

Celebrities and stupidity


Recent news that I have read seems to suggest that several celebrities are out to make an ass of themselves

Take Aamir Khan for example. Superbly talented actor no doubt, but surely he has some brain deficiency. How else do you describe his comment that songs become popular because of the actor on which the song is picturised on ?? No, not the lyrics, not the melody, not the singer who rendered the song, just the actor.

That is really the dumbest statement I have heard (celebrity or otherwise) in a long long time. I rarely watch Hindi movies, but I regularly listen to Hindi songs. I don’t have a clue on whom they have been picturised on, but still I love several of them. How do you explain that ?

And then there is this raging controversy in Malayalam cinema. Total war of words between Mohanlal, Mammooty , Thilakan and god forbid – Sukumar Azheekode. I have no idea how the latter decided to get involved in this controversy. Though I do agree with some things that he said, especially the one saying it is high time Mohanlal (52 years old) and Mammootty (60 years old) stopped acting in romantic hero type roles. They were acting in those roles when I was a kid, now I have a kid, they are still acting in the same roles !! Change please, there is surely enough young talent out there.

One “celebrity” politician who continues to entertain is Laloo Prasad Yadav who came up with this Gem after Mamta Banerjee’s and  Pranab Mukherjee’s budget presentations : “Pehle didi ne maar diya, ab dada ne!”

Now this is one guy who clearly knows what he is talking about :)

No comments: