Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Confusions of a sleep deprived mind

As is the case with most offices in Bangalore, our office is a no smoking zone.

So imagine my surprise when I was walking in office and I see cigarette smoke emerging from a cubicle. Enraged, I walk over to the guy and demand that he puts his cigarette out. The guy basically blows me off and tells me he can very well do whatever he wants and there is nothing I can do about it. Fuming with rage, I drag over my site safety leader to confront him. As I come back I am met with the bizarre sight of lot of my colleagues carrying boxes and boxes of medicines. I ask them what is going on, they tell me they have been asked to hide the boxes somewhere.

What the #$%* is going on here ????

And then I wake up in my bedroom

It felt so real that I was really in a foul and angry mood when I woke up. Checked the clock, only 7.30 pm, so I was able to catch just couple of hours of sleep after my early departure from office. As has been the case with past couple of days, I have no recollection of anything about the drive apart from the fact that I have parked my car in garage today, unlike yesterday when I left it on the road.

Felt really hungry, so decided to make Aloo paratha, this time with the variation of grating the boiled potato instead of mashing it (i had heard my friend mention this as an alternate way). Somehow tasted better, though I have very little logical explanation of why.

Orkut throws another googly as daily fortune : “The work will teach you how to do it”

Rarely has a statement made so little sense. Though in my current state, i can be no judge of sense :(

No comments: