Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Trriiing Trriiiing


Welcome to Airtel Hello Tunes. Please SMS Stop to 543211 to stop this service, you will be charged Rs.3 for this message
Rs.3 is better than having to pay 30 per month for this. Let me send this message right away
Invalid IP Address
What do you mean invalid IP address ?? This is a cell phone, from where will it get an IP address ? Hey wait a sec, it say here on the website that I can dial *678# and access a service menu and do this. Silly me, why did I waste 3 Rs now. Dial *678#
Dial 6 to stop hello tunes.
Dial 6
Please enter the mobile number from which you want to copy the hello tunes
No you dumb system, that is not what I want to do, I want to cancel it. Maybe I made an error in entry. He he he , that has to be it, how can the menu be wrong ? Let me pull up the menu again
Dial 6 to stop hello tunes.
Dial 6 with careful deliberation
Please enter the mobile number from which you want to copy the hello tunes
What the …………………………….

How do I get rid of this moronic Caller tune now ? Aha, there is hope still, you need to call 543211808, again toll free to unsubscribe. Let me try this now, this better work

And thankfully it did, though I recall that the menu choices were not that straightforward. Persistence wins !!!

Now why had I subscribed to Hello Tunes in the first place ??? For once, my memory fails me …… :-))

No comments: