Sunday, August 17, 2008

In U.S !!

Finally landed here in Albany yesterday evening around 6.30 pm. Flights were long and tiring and usual. The Bangalore Frankfurt one was ok as I slept through most parts. The Frankfurt-Washington DC one was awful , could not sleep a wink and nearly 9.30 hours !! The DC-Albany one was just about an hour, the plane looked awfuly shady though. One of those Embraer jets which looked as if it is falling to pieces. There were 2 seats which were damaged and had no back rest !!

Slept like a baby yesterday. Woke up at 3 am watched some TV and fooled around on the laptop, then slept back again 4 am, just like a baby would do ;-)

I had booked a Mazda or equivalent car. When Hertz lady told me that they will give me a small upgrade,I thought maybe I will get a Corolla or Camry. I got a Ford Edge SUV instead !! Now I am in trouble , the thing is so big that I am finding it tough to manouvere around. I will be doing a demo run to Walmart today, hopefully would reach there and not the police station :)

We went to Lathay Biriyani yesterday for dinner. Most of my colleagues here have been in US for past 2 weeks and are really desperate for Indian food :-)) The food was excellent, better than Biriyani's you get in most places in Bangalore.

Today will mostly be just some shopping and roaming around. Have to catch up with some work also later in the day.

No comments: