Monday, February 1, 2010

A heart breaking good bye


My daughter is settled nicely in the back seat of the car with my wife. They have come to see me off at the bus station. My suitcase is in the backseat of the car.

I don’t want to leave, I desperately want to stay, however I cannot show too much emotion as it upsets everyone else. I walk over to the private bus operator’s office , collect my ticket and slowly walk back to my car. It is time for me to leave again.

I open the back door to take out my suitcase. Two tiny hands clamp on the suitcase in defiance. “I will not let you take this suitcase”, my little one says playfully. She knows I have to leave, but in her eyes I see the small ray of hope that maybe Daddy can stay back for one more day. Maybe just for this time ………

I have to disappoint her yet again

I pull out my suitcase, say my bye bye and walk back towards my bus. As the car recedes off into the distance, I see my daughter and wife waving me farewell.

My daughter is at an age where she understands. She does not throw tantrums, she knows that I am going to be back in couple of weeks time. Yet I see the sorrow in her eyes, I know she is going to miss me. I also know that she is probably crying in the car now.

What in the world could be worth all this , I wonder ..

A few more months and I shall live again !!

No comments: