Sunday, February 14, 2010

Eyes of steel


As usual , I was driving around aimlessly through Bangalore streets in my trusty WagonR. Lots of thoughts swirling through my mind, when somehow this image drifted in from my memory.

It was from a world cup football match that I saw some years back. The close-up image of Francesco Totti’s eyes as he lined up to take a last minute penalty kick in a world cup match against Australia. See from 00:40 on in the video below

 
How do you describe this look ? Steely determination ? Ruthlessness ? Aggression ? I don’t know. The moment I saw the look ( I am sure a lot of others felt the same too ), I just knew that he was going to score.

The image has somehow lingered on in my mind ever since. Today was the day when I finally Googled and saw the images and videos once more :-))

No comments: