Saturday, August 1, 2009

Return of the king


2009 seems to be the year of comebacks. First Lance Armstrong riding the Tour de France and now Michael Schumacher stepping back inside an F1 cock pit to replace an injured Felippe Massa.

If you are an F1 fan you have to love this. Schumacher Vs a resurgent Lewis Hamilton should be fun to watch. Would he still have the same ruthless streak that made him such a successful driver ? I guess we will have to wait and see

Only sad part is that it had to happen at the expense of a horrendous injury to Massa. I always have a soft spot for Massa. How can you not , after seeing the finale to the 2008 season ? The sight of him choking back his tears while waving to his fans is one that will stay with me forever …… 

I hope he recovers completely. But for purely selfish reasons, I also hope that Schumacher gets to drive at least 4-5 races for Ferrari !!

No comments: