Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A tune out of nowhere


Life does seem a bit surreal at times. [Actually now that I used the word surreal, I realized that I don’t exactly know what it means :-)] A quick reference online  and now I can confirm that surreal is indeed the word to describe it.

Had to step out to buy dinner tonight, so took a parcel from close to Marathahalli. As I crossed the busy old airport road and walked towards my car, Istarted humming a tune - Laung da Lashkara ( see link below) . I had no real reason to hum it, I do not understand the lyrics ( heck I can’t tell if it is hindi or punjabi) , I had heard the song only couple of times before and never in full. And I do not really hum too much anyways !! [ With good reason too . If I sing at full volume, there would be few better crowd dispersal tools. Pepper spray and water cannon included  ;-) ]

Got into the car , turned it on and guess what song is playing on the FM radio ? The exact same one !!! What are the odds of that happening ?

Actually now that I have listened to the song in full, it is nice to listen to. Still no idea what it means though :-(

No comments: