Monday, February 14, 2011

SMS flood


Generally I am all for technology, but in some cases people misuse to the point of absurdity. Take SMS for example. I get all sorts of nonsense wishes on my cell phone, here are various samples that I have got over the past few months

  1. Happy New Year ( Well this is not too bad, apart form the awful text art some folks seem hell bent on making)
  2. Happy Republic day !!? ( really ??? when was the last time you wished somebody in person for this ?)
  3. Happy Men’s day ( Please, never ever wish a man on “Men’s” day, if at all there is such a day. I beg of you, please don’t)
  4. Happy Bandh !!! ( this was when there was a call for a one day Bandh in Karnataka following the fights between CM and the Governor)
  5. Best wishes for “XYZ”-festival ( Might be useful to check at least if this is a festival that I am even aware of, let alone celebrate !!)
  6. Motivational messages – (I do read a considerable amount of books, so chances that you will tell me something original is slim. Why not avoid it altogether ? )

I really need to update my phone to something that can bulk-delete. My old-fashioned phone is killing me :-(

3 comments:

Romi Mishra said...

A straight-forward approach of dealing SMS format of writing. Could relate to each of the sentences you have mentioned. Delightful and fresh piece of thought. Nice one Sir.

Anonymous said...

Happy bandh was a good one........did you actually get it?

Pradeep V said...

Yes, I did get the Happy Bandh message !!