Thursday, November 18, 2010

Teaching and parenting


What would I be doing 10 years from now ? Tough to say, but I think I would like to do some element of teaching. Could be to my daughter, for all you know :-)

Trying to teach or explain something to a 6 year old can be a lot tougher than you think. Often I find myself losing patience with my little one. I hope I can remember these wonderful lines by Yeats, immortalized by Sir Ken Robinson’s closing comments in his second lecture on TED.com ( see the video below)

“Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.”

I hope I can remember this every time, I should do alright then ….

No comments: