Sunday, April 26, 2009

Power woes


2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1 …..

No, this is not a new mathematical series that I invented, nor is this my bank account number

2 hours of power –1 hour of no power. The timings so precise, that you can almost set your clock based on it. The electricity company is again trying to push people to insanity.

This pattern continues on into the night also. 2 am in the night I wake up with mosquitoes almost airlifting me off the bed !! Tried Odomos repellant cream, it was simply not rated for this many mosquitoes . Finally I had to burn a mosquito coil just to get some shut-eye.

Of course the fumes from my coil triggered my asthma now :(, but still after a while I was able to fall asleep. Have slept less than 4-5 hours per day for the past several days due to this power situation and other things.

On a side note, there is quite a bit of talk in the US now about Smart Grids and Demand Response programs. Folks, learn about these from KPTCL, who surely have one the best load shedding programs in the world !!

There is no way you will end up complaining about your electricity bill, because the power is almost never there when you need it :-) And due to the scant availability of power, you are pushed to use it smartly ;).

KPCTL should be a pioneer in Smart Grids !!

No comments: