Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What makes you happy ?

Albert Schweitzer says : 'Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory'

Then there is this line from the song Affirmation by Savage Garden :'I believe that forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness'.

Which one of the above two would you pick ? :)

I prefer the first quote. Partly because I have had pretty bad health problems growing up and partly because I have experienced that way too much hurt and pain is suffered because you cannot let go or forgive someone. I'm not implying I am going to be more forgiving ;-), just an observation.

Speaking of happiness, what are some of the small things that really make you happy ? Ever tried putting together a list ? Here are some that come to my mind

  • Chatting with friends and family,face to face or over phone
  • Reading a nice book
  • Hearing a nice joke or cracking a nice one. I can be quite a pain with jokes once I am in the mood :)
  • Playing with my daughter, especially tickling her and listening to her burst out in peals of laughter.
  • Seeing the sun shine on wet greenery immediately after a rain
  • Eating good food with good friends . Actually good friends is the important part, food can be average too :)
  • A call from any one of my past students
  • Watching a good sports match on TV , preferably football, pool or F1. Not too crazy about cricket these days
  • Experimenting with cooking and actually coming out with something that is edible :)

I guess there could be lots more , refer my favorite happiness quote above to understand why I cant remember those :-))

No comments: