Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More cooking tips

It is advisable not to rub your eyes after chopping green chillies :-)

Now why was I chopping them ? Nope, not for an omlette. Turned out yesterday that I had incorrectly assumed I had some eggs in my fridge. All I had was a cracked one, which looked suspiciously  empty, almost as if a chick had hatched and escaped Quick survey of my fridge and house did not reveal the chick though :)

As usual I am digressing from the matter in hand of green chillies. I like to add finely chopped green chillies to Dal, gives it a bit of punch. I have no clue if this is a standard practice or not :). Will be trying Rice-dal-pappad-pickle combo for  a couple of days now.

Had a topsy turvy night yesterday because my inhaler got over and I got some mild wheezing. By the time I noticed, medicaimagel stores had downed shutters. So had to spend the night with mild poly phonic sounds while breathing :). I was ironing my shirt in the morning  when I noticed my spare inhaler right behind the pile of un-ironed clothes. Guess there is more than one benefit in keeping things neat and tidy at home :-))

I am off to Karnal, Haryana in couple of days to attend a close friend's wedding. Never been to the north apart from a visa interview couple of years back in Delhi. I guess my hindi skills ( or lack of it ) will be severely tested. As long as they don't mistake my hindi for abuse, I guess I should be fine ...

Stay tuned to see if I survive :-))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I teach you?? Can i teach you??
Start with UKP's full form.. :)
-C

Pradeep V said...

With friends like these .......