Thursday, September 2, 2010

Economy to Excess

So finally I am in the US of A. If Europe is the land of economy, this is the land of excess. The point hammered into me yet again when I went to the Hertz counter to pick up my hired car

"The car you booked is not available, so we are free upgrading you to a mid range SUV"
"Ok, what would that be ?"
"It is a Ford Explorer"

Ford Explorer ...... Mid-range SUV she says. Really, what would be a full range SUV ? This one itself almost qualifies as a bus !!

Flight into US was also eventful, I flew in the A380 . Plane itself is comfortable. Extra comfortable for me as I was seated in the exit row, with tons of leg room !! However getting into the plane is sort of a night mare. Takes a long long time, imagine 580 people trying to board the flight. And imagine the luggage collection area once you exit from the plane. Not very pleasant, I can tell you that.

Landed in JFK too, loud, dirty, crowded ... Should try and avoid it in the future.

Here for a week only this time, flying back on Saturday. Still some more electronics shopping to do. I am like a kid in candystore when I enter BestBuy. Controlling somehow, the $ x 48 conversion will really hurt when I go back :-)

No comments: