Sunday, November 15, 2009

Robert Enke


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8361113.stm.

Though I am a keen football follower, I had not heard of Robert Enke till he tragically took his own life. Apparently was almost a certainty as the first choice goal keeper for German national football side for 2010 world cup.

And just 32 years old too, an year younger than me. A professional footballer, one trained to perform in front of thousands. A man who you would think to be well equipped to handle the highest order of pressure.

This should be a true eye opener on how dangerous an opponent depression can be. When all your sense of logical thinking disappears and only negative thoughts hover in your mind. When you just cannot see even a shred of hope, while in reality things are not quite as bad.

Really, how low must he have been feeling to perform this act ? I only hope that is a low I would never feel ………..

RIP Robert Enke.

No comments: